Quebec apple grower achieves niche market success with its wholesome applesauce and high-speed robotic packaging technologies.
Leahy's line features a Delkor Trayfecta S Series carton former that discharges Club-style cartons onto the StrongPoint-supplied conveyor system and diverts it to a robotic case-packer.
Other equipment used by Leahy Orchards includes:
- conveying systems via Storcan, with smooth operating performance powered by motors designed and built by SEW-Eurodrive;
- two Effytec HB404 pouch machines that form fill and cap at a rate of 200 pouches per minute;
- two 3330 series laser marking system from Videojet;
- Markem-Imaje 9450 small character inkjet coder to apply data to secondary packaging and a 2200 Tamp Blow labeling system for cases;
- a Thermo Scientific Ramsey VERSA checkweigher to ensure consistent product delivery within the paperboard retail packaging;
- two Delkor Trayfecta S Series carton formers;
- corrugated materials supplied by Mitchel-Lincoln Packaging, and Norampac, a division of Cascades;
- an OYSTAR Packaging Technologies cup filler that also seals the foil lid;
- a Tecnopool vertical spiral conveyor system;
- Label printing from Curtis-JK Printing, WestRock and Fort Dearborn, among others;
- PET plastic jars supplied by Yoshino America Corporation.