Delkor Capstone Tri Seal Carton Closing Machine
The Delkor Capstone Tri-Seal Carton Closing Machine features Intelligent Positioning™ technology to consistently align sealing flaps and carton graphics during high-speed operation, resulting in superior package quality. Tool-less changeover, precision belt drives, and ease of access for cleaning and maintenance sets new levels of operating efficiencies to this class of carton closing system.
The engineering team at Delkor was the first to figure out how to analyze the position of each carton at speeds up to 150 cartons per minute, and make the precise corrections should a deviation occur. With Delkor’s Intelligent Positioning Technology™, the Delkor Capstone Tri Seal Carton Closer offers a new level of carton forming precision, and it is the only carton closer in the world with this important new technology.
- Carton styles compatibility
- Tri Seal
- Front Flap Seal
- Hooded or Hinged Lid
- Up to 150 cartons per minute
- Innovative Intelligent Positioning™ technology ensures precise alignment of carton graphics
- Servomotor technology enables positive carton transfer
- 5 – 10 minute changeover
- Tool-less quick change parts
- Compact right-angle design conserves facility floor space
- Welded ¼” tubular stainless steel frame
- Painted carbon steel NEMA 12 electrical enclosure available
- Robust components include heavy-duty gearboxes and drives with oversized bearings
- NEMA 4 or NEMA 4X components available
Precision Pointers and Scales
Ergonomic Machine Access points with category III interlock switches
One-Touch Top Belt Releases Provide simple, fast, and ergonomic access
|Infeed Side Belts
Positive side-belt drive maintains precise control of the carton through the adhesive
application and flap compression process.
Swing arm-mounted HMI allows for operation from either side of the infeed conveyor
Oversized bearings & shafts increase reliability & reduce maintenance while
maintaining precise alignment of critical operations over the life of the machinery
The Intelligent Positioning™ system precisely adjusts the carton flap alignment prior
to the top belt section, which holds the carton in alignment during the front-flap
|Servo Lugged Belt
Servo-driven transfer section squares carton for Charlotte flap adhesion.
Nordson guns apply hot-melt adhesive to the body of the carton in either 1 or 2 stripes
(depending on application)
Charlotte flaps are adhered to the sides of the carton, completing the closing process.
Optional side-belt extensions & coder mount provide convenient location to apply date coding or special printing on the finished carton.
- Speed Capability (Application Dependent)
Up to 150 Cartons per Minute
Stainless Steel Construction with NEMA 4 or NEMA 4X Components Available
Stainless Steel Frame & Guarding with Painted Carbon Steel NEMA 12 Electrical Enclosure Available
Standard Fully Welded Tubular Steel Frame
Heavy Duty Gearboxes & Drives with Oversized Bearings & Shafts for Longevity & Dependability
Carton Length of 3.5" to 14"
Carton Width of 3" to 12"'
Carton Height of 1" to 6"
Standard Discharge Height = 38" +/- 2" Elevation (Other elevations available upon request)
- Production Monitoring & Reporting through HMI Touch-Screen
- Close on-demand Photo Eye
- 3-Color Machine Status Light Tower
- Discharge Verification Sensor
- Adhesive Level Sensor with Operator Alert
- English/Spanish HMI Language Available
- Guardmaster Category III Guard Door Interlocks & Safety Monitor Relay
- Lock-Out Tag-Out Ready Air & Electrical Disconnect
- Air Supply Shut-Off Valve with Dump
- Two Emergency Stop Buttons
- Ergonomic Guard Doors for Easy Access
- One Touch Top Belt Release with Gas Shock Assist
- Swivel-Mounted HMI for Easy Viewing
- Utility Requirements
- 35 Amp Disconnect @ 480V 60hz 3-Phase (240V/575V Optional)
- 10 CFM @ 80 PSI Air Consumption (Maximum)
- 2500 pounds
- Tri-Seal Carton
- Front Flap Seal Carton
- Hooded/Hinged Lid Carton
- Top Seal Capability Available
- 5-10 Minute Changeover
- Tool-Less Quick Change Parts
- Labels & Scales on All Adjustment Points
- Step-By-Step Changeover Documentation in Manual
- Controls & Electronics
- Allen Bradley Compact Logix PLC
- Allen Bradley Panelview 1000 “Plus” Color Touch Screen HMI
- Allen Bradley Ultra 3000 Servo Drives
- Allen Bradley Powerflex 40 Frequency Drives
- Available Ethernet Connectivity
- 20%Minimum Spare I/O for Easy Integration
- Adhesive System
- Nordson ProBlue 10 Adhesive Melter (ProBlue 15 Available)
- Single or Dual Glue Stripes on Closure Flaps Available
- H201/202T Zero Cavity Air-Open / Air-Close Application Heads or EM-901/902 Electronic Application Heads Available
- Wash down Heads & Hoses Available for Demanding Environments
The Delkor Capstone Tri Seal Carton Closer can properly seal and close many different carton styles, in either corrugate or paperboard construction. In addition to the ability to properly close the cartons, the Delkor Capstone's Intelligent Positioning™ technology offers precision alignment of graphics between the closure flaps and the body of the carton.