The Delkor Retail Ready Tray Former
The new Delkor Retail Ready Tray Former erects specialized display trays designed to hold tapered cup containers for cultured dairy cups and other food products. Retail-ready display trays of this type have achieved broad acceptance among retailers because of their ability to reduce shelf stocking time and to display consumer units in the proper orientation for customers to see and select. Display trays with cup-holding cutouts are frequently used for multi-cup arrays of yogurt, cottage cheese, hummus, or buttery spreads.
The Delkor Retail Ready Tray Formers fully automate a tray-making sequence that previously had required several different packaging machines to achieve. Now, all steps are accomplished by the Retail Ready Tray Former within a single, space-saving machine footprint.
The new Delkor Retail Ready Tray Former erects retail ready trays with dimensions ranging in sizes up to 20 inches wide, 12 inches front-to-back, and 2.75 inches deep at production rates of up to 40 trays per minute.
- Ability to form a retail ready die cut trays on one machine
- Spring-load devices on forming heads minimize the risk of material jams
- Pneumatic ejection cylinders
- Tool-less product changeover in 15-20 minutes or less
- Rockwell Automation control circuitry with self-diagnostics
- Easy-to-access panel with pneumatic controls all in one place
- Color touchscreen HMI control panel with English/Spanish prompts (optional)
- Menu driven selection of preset operating speeds and glue dispensing patterns
- Welded ¼-inch tubular stainless steel frame construction
Ergonomic Blank Loading
|Tray Blank Pick
The vacuum cups on a pick-arm assembly select a carton blank from one of several magazine lanes feeding the machine.
The pick arm places the blank onto guide rails from which a lugged servo belt moves it forward into position between the forming head and the forming cavity.
Hot-melt adhesive is applied to the tray flaps during the controlled shuttle transfer.
|Tray Forming Head
Once a blank is in position, a forming head drives the tray blank downward, through the forming cavity, to create a formed tray.
|Spring Loaded Cavity
Forming activity occurs in a unique spring-loaded forming cavity that prevents product jamming and the costly downtime that can occur.
The formed tray is automatically ejected from the bottom of the forming cavity to a closing conveyor.
The bottom flaps of the tray are glued and closed to finish forming the retail ready tray.
The formed retail ready trays are orientated before discharging to a pick and place loader or other downstream packaging equipment.
|Gull Wing Doors
Oversize gull wing doors ease access to critical machine areas.
- Redundant door interlocks & safety monitor relay
- Lock-out tag-out ready air and electrical disconnect
- Air supply shut-off valve with dump
- Two emergency stop buttons
- Low level blank magazine
- Ergonomic guard doors with gas shock assist
- Light-weight forming tools
- Auto retract magazine pressure plate for easy loading
- Swivel-mounted HMI for easy viewing Forming Capabilities
- Die Cut Retail Ready Trays
- Blank sizes up to 23" W by 32.5" L
- 166" length x 48" width
- Standard discharge height = 36" elevation (carton size dependent)
- Production monitoring & reporting through HMI touch screen
- Form on-demand photo eye
- Discharge verification sensor
- Magazine level sensor with operator alert
- Adhesive level sensor with operator alert
- English/Spanish HMI language optional
- Available in stainless steel or powder coated carbon steel construction
- Standard fully welded tubular frame
- Utility Requirements
- 30 amp disconnect @ 480V 60hz 3-Phase (240V/575V Optional)
- 15 CFM @ 80 PSI Air consumption (Maximum)
- 5-15 minute changeover
- Tool less quick change parts
- Labels and scales on all adjustment points
- Step-by-step changeover documentation in manual
- Controls & Electronics
- Allen Bradley Compact Logix PLC
- Allen Bradley Panelview 700 “Plus” color touch screen HMI
- Allen Bradley Ultra 6000 servo drives
- Ethernet capabilities optional
- Adhesive System
- Nordson ProBlue 10 adhesive melter
- H201/202T zero cavity air-open / air-close application heads or EM-901/902 electronic application heads available
- Wash down heads and hoses available for demanding environments
The Delkor Retail Ready Tray Former erects specialized retail ready trays that are designed for speed to shelf.